This one hour unit, the final in Course #1, is designed to review the information covered during the first 6 units. During the session, attendees will be refreshed on the DSM-V and its applications for gamblers, the progression of gambling disorder, the differences between action, escape and other forms of gamblers, the tools they’ve learned about (i.e. screening and financial), and more.
- During this session, participants will review content from prior sessions, including:
- Screening tools and their proper application;
- How gambling is defined within the DSM-V, and what that definitions mean for gamblers;
- The progression of gambling disorder;
- Types of gamblers and gambling;
- The gambler’s quest for money, and the tools and exercises to assess the gambler’s finances and create a financial plan.
- Brief Bio-social Gambling Screen (BBGS)
- DSM-V Checklist
- DSM Qualifiers
- NORC DIAGNOSTIC SCREEN FOR GAMBLING PROBLEMS-SELF ADMINISTERED (NODS-SA)
- Gamblers Anonymous 20 Questions
- Previous Webinar Review