During this hour-long session, the first of a 3-part series, we examine the Gamblers’ Quest for Money, learn how the need for money drives the gambler’s actions at every stage during the progression of their disorder, and look at several screening tools which can be used to assess the existence and/or severity of a gambling problem or disorder.
Participants will learn about the gambler’s quest for money, from mounting credit card debt to felony crimes, and how screening tools can be used during the intake process to assess the gambler.
- At the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Understand how the need for money permeates through every level of gambling and a gambler’s actions and decisions;
- Raise their awareness of the gambler’s quest for money, from credit cards to crime;
- Identify the types of crimes which are most frequently committed by problem or disordered gamblers.
- Greater Increase in Gambling and Money Seeking Opportunities
- Gambling Screens and Money
- Gamblers Quest for Money
- Dealing with Creditors
- Crimes related to Gambling