Have you ever wondered which casino games are the best to play? Which are the worst? Why some seem more addictive than others? Or how casinos determine which players deserve comps and why?
In this presentation, a former casino instructor provides an overview of the mathematical theory behind many of today’s most popular casino games (concepts only – no complex math involved!), and how the mathematical advantage (called the ‘edge’) that the casinos hold in each game impacts a casino’s decisions related to comps and marketing.
By the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the concept of mathematical advantage and how it applies to casino operations (conceptual only – no complex math involved!);
- Learn which casino games are the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ for gamblers;
- Understand the differences in play which make certain games more addictive for certain players; and
- Gain an understanding behind casino comps and marketing.
- Introduction and Overview
- Key Terms
- Math Behind Roulette
- Gambler’s Fallacy
- Theoretical Advantage, Comps and House Edge
- Math behind blackjack and poker