Problem gamblers often experience a pathological relationship with money, resulting in financial devastation that affects their entire families. Financial difficulties become inherent with those that suffer from Gambling Disorder. Learn the basic concepts, initial steps and unique perspective when providing financial counseling to problem and/or pathological gamblers.
By the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Know the two types of money when working with a problem gambler;
- Understand four underlying themes of family financial gambling;
- Know three reasons why it’s important to have the money “talk”;
- Know at least three things to consider when taking charge of the family finances;
- Identify the three factors that are present when considering problem gamblers and embezzlement.
- Money is the reason
- Financial Impact
- Counseling the Problem Gambling Family
- Embezzlement and Bankruptcy