During this hour-long session, the second of a 3-part series, attendees will learn how to use interviewing techniques in an individual or group setting to determine the clients’ values and attitude towards money.
Participants will learn how those values and attitudes impact a client’s behaviors and decision making, as they pursue money to fuel their gambling. Participants will also gain a better understanding of the underlying reasons fueling a gamblers’ need to win money despite the knowledge that it’s unlikely to happen.
- At the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the shift in perception for a gambler’s value of money;
- Learn how to use the provided tool to assess the gambler’s value of money;
- Use the provided tool to assess what money means to him or herself;
- Understand how that value may differ from that of the gambler, and what implications that has for treatment.
- Talking About Money with Clients
- Quick Money Exercises
- Personal Finance Work Sheets